Products: Video Turnstile
Biodata's Video Turnstile system accurately counts people entering and leaving retail outlets, galleries, nightclubs, shopping centres, and so on. A CCTV camera tracks visitors which a compact Video Turnstile unit then detects, counts and logs. Counts are regularly downloaded to a PC running Windows software. This may be in a back office, somewhere on a network, or at a remote location communicating by modem.
- Hundreds of entrances monitored per system.
- Low-cost overhead closed-circuit television (CCTV) camera tracks people entering and leaving.
- Counts are verifiable: you can watch the video and see marker lines flash when the system detects someone crossing the threshold.
- Counts are regularly downloaded to a PC.
- Data can be exported to almost any third-party Windows software, such as Excel or Access.
- Bi-directional counting: counts people entering and leaving.
- Display unit shows current occupancy (number of people in a building) or total number of visitors.
- Wide entrances and corridors can be monitored.
- Connects to computer over RS232, RS485, Ethernet (network and intranet), Wi-Fi or modem.
- For shopping centres, galleries, banks, nightclubs, libraries, retail outlets...
- For counting footfall, retail traffic, queue management, people counting, counting passers-by, measuring the length of time people pause at displays, calculating sales conversion, monitoring occupancy and so on.
- Free technical support for life
The VT Collect program reads the footfall or people counts from the Video Turnstile Logger and saves them in a text file on the PC. VT Collect runs at regular intervals, such as once a day.
The count data is saved in a text file which you can analyse with almost any third-party Windows software, such as the Microsoft Excel spreadsheet. The information can be automatically sent to Excel (for example) in real-time, so you can immediately analyse data and produce reports.
Also included is software to display live counts.
The Video Turnstile system does not tie you to any one reporting package: you are free to use whichever software suits you best, for example Microsoft Excel.
A single-entrance Video Turnstile system starts at £535.
For more on video people counting please see our new Retail Sensing website. Alternatively contact Biodata Ltd at at the address below.
Biodata, for all your measurement and control needs.
Last revised: 6 September 2012
10 Stocks Street
, M8 8QG
Tel: +44 161-834 6688
Fax: +44 161-833 2190