Unattended Remote Monitoring Systems
Our unattended monitoring systems are versatile, expandable and, above all, reliable.
- Applications include:
- Remote monitoring,
- High speed fault recording,
- Energy management,
- Equipment service scheduling.
- Systems widely distributed or concentrated in a small area.
- Hundreds of sensors at each node or just one or two.
- Self checking.
- Alarm notification including timed alarms, rate of change alarms and alarms based on combinations of input states.
- Local: data logging, signal conditioning, conversion to engineering units and loop control.
- Automatic generation of reports.
- Write information directly into the system with the Question Pad.
- Change parameters on-the-fly with the System Supervisor.
- Monitor: Temperature, Pressure, Power, Strain, Excitation, Vibration, Level, Flow, Humidity, Concentration, Force, Speed , Displacement, Position - in fact, almost any physical signal.
Sensors, Instruments and Networks
Using Ethernet we can connect larger numbers of sensors to each node. Our extremely versatile Ethernet instruments provide an array of monitoring and control options, including analogue and digital I/O, counters and frequency measurement. Our Ethernet system also offers high speed (up to 1 MHz) fault recording
To supplement automatic data acquisition, our innovative Question Pad lets you enter information on-site, using a structured questionnaire running on a palmtop computer.
The system can relay data over the telephone and we can also integrate hardware connected to Modbus, RS232 and TCP/IP (the Internet).
- Energy Management
Maintain records for long term analysis of energy use.
- Equipment Service Scheduling
Use logged parameters to predict which machines need servicing.
- Fault Recording
Trigger recorders around a site when faults occur, and automatically re-arm the recorders.
- Remote Monitoring
Use modem links to access data logged at unmanned sites, with immediate notification of alarm conditions.
For more information please contact Biodata, or send for a free Unattended Monitoring Leaflet.
Last revised 18 June 1997
Copyright Biodata Ltd
10 Stocks Street, Manchester, M8 8QG, UK
Tel: +44 161-834 6688
Fax: +44 161-833 2190